[OmniOS-discuss] supermicro 3U all-in one storage system

Jeff Stockett jstockett at molalla.com
Fri Mar 18 23:30:45 UTC 2016

We have been using the bigger version of that - the 5048R-E1CR36L that also has the 3008 on the mobo with 4TB WD enterprise SAS drives for over a year with no problems to report other than once when a drive failed, the system hung up rather than handling it gracefully.  We are not running the latest version of OmniOS yet but I'd assume it should work fine. We are about to build a couple more with the 8TB HGST SAS drives.