[OmniOS-discuss] Moving from Postgres/Solaris/x86_64 to Postgres/OmniOS/x86_64 - gotchas?

Paul Jochum paul.jochum at nokia.com
Wed Mar 30 01:17:55 UTC 2016

Hi Dave:

     Sorry, can't answer the questions on Postgres, but here is what I
have for Puppet:

There is a version of puppet, but you will need to add a new repo from
niksula (which can be done with the commands:

pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.niksula.hut.fi/ \
         --set-property signature-policy=require-signatures
wget https://www.niksula.hut.fi/pkg.niksula.hut.fi.pem
pkg set-publisher --approve-ca-cert pkg.niksula.hut.fi.pem niksula.hut.fi

and then install puppet:
pkg install puppet

I also created a manifest file, which I put in /root/puppetagentd.xml

*************************************
$ cat /root/puppetagentd.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM
"/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1">

<!-- PuppetAgentd Manifest: Luke Kanies - reductivelabs.com -->

<service_bundle type='manifest' name='puppetagentd'>

<service
     name='network/puppetagentd'
     type='service'
     version='1'>

     <create_default_instance enabled='true'/>
     <single_instance/>

     <dependency name='config-file'
                 grouping='require_all'
                 restart_on='none'
                 type='path'>
         <service_fmri value='file:///etc/puppet/puppet.conf'/>
     </dependency>

     <dependency name='loopback'
                 grouping='require_all'
                 restart_on='error'
                 type='service'>
         <service_fmri value='svc:/network/loopback:default'/>
     </dependency>

     <dependency name='physical'
                 grouping='require_all'
                 restart_on='error'
                 type='service'>
         <service_fmri value='svc:/network/physical:default'/>
     </dependency>

     <dependency name='fs-local'
                 grouping='require_all'
                 restart_on='none'
                 type='service'>
         <service_fmri value='svc:/system/filesystem/local'/>
     </dependency>

     <exec_method
         type='method'
         name='start'
         exec='/lib/svc/method/svc-puppetagentd start'
         timeout_seconds='60' />

     <exec_method
         type='method'
         name='stop'
         exec='/lib/svc/method/svc-puppetagentd stop'
         timeout_seconds='60' />

     <exec_method
         type='method'
         name='refresh'
         exec='/lib/svc/method/svc-puppetagentd reload'
         timeout_seconds='60' />

     <stability value='Unstable' />

     <template>
         <common_name>
             <loctext xml:lang='C'>Puppet Agent Daemon</loctext>
         </common_name>
         <documentation>
             <manpage title='puppetagentd' section='1' />
             <doc_link name='reductivelabs.com'
                 uri='http://www.reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet' />
         </documentation>
     </template>
</service>

</service_bundle>

I install this manifest with the command:
svccfg import /root/puppetagentd.xml

Instead of the above service, you could also call puppet from a cron
job, if you prefer to do that.

Hope this helps,

Paul