[OmniOS-discuss] ixgbe: breaking aggr on 10GbE X540-T2

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Mon May 9 12:24:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour where OmniOS omnios-r151018-ae3141d will
break the LACP aggr-link on different boxes, when Intel X540-T2s are
involved. It first starts with a couple if link downs/ups on one port
and finally the link on that  port negiotates to 1GbE instead of 10GbE,
which then breaks the LACP channel on my Cisco Nexus for this connection.

I have tried swapping and interchangeing cables and thus switchports,
but to no avail.

Anyone else noticed this and even better… knows a solution to this?

Cheers,
Stephan