[OmniOS-discuss] qlt driver update

Dale Ghent daleg at omniti.com
Mon May 9 15:08:10 UTC 2016

> On May 8, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Martijn Fennis <martijn at fennis.tk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m using omnios in combo with napp-it as a target server for my personal FC storage at home.
>
> I have some problems here and there, that the driver goes offline. And thus ESX stops shortly after that.
>
> The physical firmware is 7-point-something (latest) although it shows a lower through comstar’s QLT driver.
>
> I assume this firmware is loaded at boot and “dominating” the physical one. I saw this happening with BSD as well.
> Is there a way to update this driver/firmware? Searching google i found some people have 5.2.6 instead of this 5.2.1
>
> I have no idea where i can find an update for it (if exists).
>

> At the moment i switched with an exact same card to see if it is hw failure.

At the moment, qlt will impose its own firmware load on a 2400 port, version 5.2.1 as you point out. Are there any error or warning message around when the qlt port goes offline?

One thing you can try to at least get more logging verbosity from qlt is set the following in /etc/system and reboot:

set qlt:enable_extended_logging=1

/dale