[OmniOS-discuss] Error when trying to install OmniOS r018 on new SM X100DRi-T4+

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Fri May 27 13:40:45 UTC 2016

Am 27.05.16 um 15:18 schrieb Stephan Budach:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install OmniOS r018 onto a new SuperMicro server and
> when the install kernel starts up, I am getting this panic:
>
> cpu1: featureset
> WARNING: cpu1 feature mismatch
>
> panic[cpu1/thread=fffff00f4920c40: unsupported mixed cpu monitor/nwait
> support
> detected
>
> The the hosts reboots…
>
> Does anyone has an idead, if this issue is to be overcome by setting
> something in the BIOS?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephan

Weird… please ignore this… the box came with some non-standard BIOS settings. After hitting "Reset to optimized default" the box boots up r018 just fine.
Weird, since this is how the box has been delivered to me…

Cheers,
Stephan