[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 repo offline?

Andries Annema an3s.annema at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:51:06 UTC 2016

Hi Dan,

I hate to bring this matter up again, but it seems there's still something
loose here.

This page on itself works flawlessly:
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/en/index.shtml
But upon hitting the "browse" button next to the tiny little "Release and
Branch" pull-down menu, set to the default value of "11-0.151014",  the
catalog.shtml-page that should come up fails with a read timeout. The
address bar then shows this URL:
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/en/catalog.shtml?version=entire%4011%2C
5.11-0.151014&action=Browse

However - and this surprised me and it might give you a hint on where the
loose screw is located - when selecting "All" in that pull-down menu, after
about 30 seconds (maybe a bit slow?), a catalog.shtml-page with a package
list is indeed displayed. The address bar then shows this URL:
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/en/catalog.shtml?version=&action=Browse

Furthermore, when accessing from OmniOS by running:
$ pkgrepo info -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014
it reports:
  PUBLISHER PACKAGES STATUS           UPDATED
  omnios    1022     processing       2016-08-10T18:35:55.166990Z
Not sure if the "processing" status here is of any concern.

While investigating this and writing this report, I also noticed that for
some time the whole thing seemed to collapse: suddenly the "pkgrepo info"
command reported "500 Internal Server Error" and later "Framework error:
code: 28 reason: Operation too slow.", and all the webpages mentioned above
timed out.
I waited half an hour or so and then it seemed to have gotten on its feet
again, as all responded as reported above.

This repo seems a bit shaky. Hope this report is of any help in getting it
blazing again.

Regards,
Andries