[OmniOS-discuss] new to omnios and zfs...

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Sep 6 17:31:45 UTC 2016

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Vizo Allman wrote:

> question: very new to zfs but looking at it to hold my VMs for kvm server
> over NFS
> I have some samsung 1tb pro ssd drives
> can I use those ? I am having a little trouble parsing the info I am
> seeing online.

What would be the purpose of these Samsung drives (e.g. synchronous
write intent log, L2 ARC, main store) in your server?

For use as a synchronous intent log you should look for SSDs which
support a super-cap to assure that all confirmed data is commited to
underlying FLASH if the power fails.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn