[OmniOS-discuss] Low powered and cheap OmniOS server?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Sep 29 15:40:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 09:54:39 -0500
Paul Jochum <paul.jochum at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
>      Looking for the latest recommendations on a low powered and cheap OmniOS server.  This would be for home use, looking to use it as way of backing up Linux and Windows boxes.  Anyone have a recommendation?

You could build one yourself based on Intel I3-4(1|3)xxT (35W) using a
supermicro x10sll-f and you will have a solid build for $300
(MB+CPU+RAM).

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
		-- P. Erdos