[OmniOS-discuss] ndmp backups what software are you using?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Aug 21 13:30:14 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Oliver Weinmann wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> What I meant is e.g.
>
> root at omnios02:/tank/test# zfs list
> NAME                               USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> tank                               187M   193G    23K  /tank
> tank/test                          185M  30.0G    25K  /tank/test
> tank/test/sub1                     184M  29.8G   184M  /tank/test/sub1
> tank/test/sub2                      23K  30.0G    23K  /tank/test/sub2
> tank/test/sub3                      23K  30.0G    23K  /tank/test/sub3
> tank/test/sub4                      23K  30.0G    23K  /tank/test/sub4
>
> Taking a backup of tank I would like to have all it's (zfs)
> subfolders. I can get all the subfolders by specifying RECUSIVE=y as
> a meta parameter in bareos but the folders are all empty. No files
> are backed up this way. I wonder If I'm just missing a setting?

It seems like you are asking us a question about Bareos and not
OmniOS.  Does Bareos have a user support forum or mailing list where
you can ask your question?

Each zfs filesystem mountpoint will behave the same as if a
traditional filesystem was mounted to that path.

Traditional archive programs like 'tar' and 'find+cpio' would produce
a result similar to what you are seeing from bareos by default.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn