[OmniOS-discuss] NFS 4.2 Support - Sparse Files

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jan 4 19:01:16 UTC 2017

> On Jan 4, 2017, at 1:19 PM, Mini Trader <miniflowtrader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is there any support for NFS 4.2 in Illumos?  I am interested in the Sparse File functionality that has been introduced.

There is not, currently.

There have been some stop/starts on this, but at the end of the day, at least one illumos shop's customers basically didn't care enough to make it a priority for that shop.  The other illumos shops either have similar customer viewpoints, don't care about NFS at all, or don't have the resources to devote to such a nontrivial project.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at the moment.