[OmniOS-discuss] NFS 4.2 Support - Sparse Files

Mini Trader miniflowtrader at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:59:15 UTC 2017

That is unfortunate.

The requirement stems from the need to perform an incremental backup to
cloud storage  (backblaze).

Many of my files are large and sparse (VMs). Unfortunately the only
software that I have found to perform the backups runs on BSD or Linux
hence the use for NFS.

Running the utility over NFS without sparse support is not ideal.

If anyone has any recommendations for an incremental cloud storage solution
that is compatible with OmniOS it would be greatly appreciated. I realize
that ZFS send works quite well but haven't found an off site provider who I
consider to be cost effective.