[OmniOS-discuss] LX Program Issue

Mini Trader miniflowtrader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 04:18:52 UTC 2017

So i have reproducible steps and also solve my problem.

If I create my dataset via napp-it.  It seems like it applies special
permissions.  LX will complain that other and group should not have write
permissions on the zone directory.  So I remove these via chmod o-w and
chmod g-w.

At this point I can create the zone and in doing so I can reproduce the
error.  If I create the data set with your standard zfs create tank/zones
the permissions are fine by default and the bug is not reproducible.

So somehow somewhere whatever is happening underneath the hood is sensitive
to these permissions on the second write in this program.

Strange indeed.