[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones: configurations

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jan 11 18:53:00 UTC 2017

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Andy Fiddaman <omnios at citrus-it.net> wrote:
>
> Will we still be able to to configure the networking under zonecfg?

Yes.

> Basically what I'm asking is can we stop our zones from being able to change
> their IP address?

That's a different question, and the answer is going to be no going forward, as it is no today.

I have LX zones using zonecfg(1M) to set DHCP.  I can go in as root at lx-zone and use /native/sbin/{ifconfig,route} to take it over.  I don't know off the top of my head if SmartOS restricts things this way, but OmniOS does not.