[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones: configurations

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jan 12 01:52:40 UTC 2017

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 8:32 PM, Mini Trader <miniflowtrader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This does not work.  Simple example.  Ran wget on an ubuntu ISO.  Was downloading at over 1 mega byte per sec.  Set adapter to 4000K.  I would expect the download to peak at around 500 Kilo Bytes.  Was in the 100 range.  16000K put it in the 500kb range.  Doesn't add up.  Also didn't persist across reboot of zone.

1.) flowadm works in units of bits/sec, not bytes.  4000kbit == 4mbit == 500kbytes.  Please RTFM carefully.

2.) Use it in the global zone for the NIC you're assigning.  Then it'll persist.  Persistence of /native commands in LX zones is an open problem right now.  We aren't planning on doing it for flowadm, only for ipadm.