[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones: configurations

Mini Trader miniflowtrader at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:15:15 UTC 2017

Seems like I am confusing you

I do realize that it is in BITS!

4M == 4000KBIT == 500kbytes.

Using 4000K OR 4M SHOULD restrict flow to a MAXIMUM of 500 KBYTES.  What I
am seeing is that using a value restricts flow to a maximum of 100KBYTES!

root at storage1:/root# flowadm add-flow -l backup0 -a transport=tcp tcpflow
root at storage1:/root# flowadm set-flowprop -p maxbw=4M tcpflow

ubuntu-16.04.1-desk   0%[                      ]   2.67M   104KB/s   eta 3h
45m

# Well gosh darnit.  That doesn't make sense.  Maybe his adapter cant
download more than 100KBYTES.  Lets undo what we did and see what happens.

root at storage1:/root# flowadm remove-flow -l backup0
desktop-amd64.iso?_   1%[                      ]  18.24M  1.00MB/s   eta
85m 54s

# It appears our download speed is running at 8 MEGABIT or 1MEGABYTE
without any flow.  So why would a restriction of half of our download rate
cause it to run at 1/10th the maximum speed!