[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones: configurations

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jan 12 02:29:20 UTC 2017

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 9:15 PM, Mini Trader <miniflowtrader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems like I am confusing you
>
> I do realize that it is in BITS!
>
> 4M == 4000KBIT == 500kbytes.
>
> Using 4000K OR 4M SHOULD restrict flow to a MAXIMUM of 500 KBYTES.  What I am seeing is that using a value restricts flow to a maximum of 100KBYTES!

Sorry for being confused.

I'm a bit stumped at this point, though did I see that you're using vmxnet3 on VMware?  I will say that when these features were brought up, they assumed a vNIC over a physical NIC on metal.  I'm not sure if there's a bizarre interaction with vmxnet3 or not.

One other thing, and I'd have to consult a larger audience, I thought flowadm worked as low a units of 1Mbit/sec, but it could be units of 10Mbit/sec.  (Flowadm was designed for GigE adapters...)  It's a function of the system's hz for bizarre reasons, and I'm wondering if being on VMware affects those or not.

You can mess with this if you wish:

	https://blogs.oracle.com/jtc/entry/overhead_in_increasing_the_solaris