[OmniOS-discuss] Annoying vim behavior for new system bring-up

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jan 23 16:20:49 UTC 2017

> On Jan 23, 2017, at 11:17 AM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>
> The ability to cut-and-paste into vi between two terminals is quite useful.  Has anyone else encountered this problem with OmniOS?

VIM 8 by default is too-clever for its own good.  I cannot copy text out of a VIM8 window using MacOS Terminal.app, because VIM8 wants to be "mouse-friendly" on my terminal.app.  Sheesh, at least EMACS has the good sense not to do that w/o a native windowing manager pane.

I don't have time now, but the build.sh for VIM should probably do some hacking in its "configure" options.  Community experimentation with this welcome.