[OmniOS-discuss] Annoying vim behavior for new system bring-up

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jan 23 17:33:50 UTC 2017

> On Jan 23, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> VIM 8 by default is too-clever for its own good.  I cannot copy text out of a VIM8 window using MacOS Terminal.app, because VIM8 wants to be "mouse-friendly" on my terminal.app.  Sheesh, at least EMACS has the good sense not to do that w/o a native windowing manager pane.

Protip for those who got bitten by this like me.  Terminal.app has "Allow Mouse Reporting" checked, and you can uncheck it with Command-R.  It's a decent-enough workaround.

I don't, to be honest, see a quick way to eliminate this.  I just saw Tim's mail arrive as I'm typing this, so I'll look at the FreeBSD thread too.