[OmniOS-discuss] Annoying vim behavior for new system bring-up

Rafael Pardinas rafapi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:14:21 UTC 2017

Based on my experience, it depends what configuration flags have been used
when the vim binary has been compiled. For instance, in order to be able to
copy and paste from a vim terminal to another you need to enable the
'clipboard' flag; that should also work for the 'mouse' flags (this can
also be controlled from the .vimrc file, but it looks that is not the
wanted method).

Run:
$ vim --version

That'll tell you what defaults vim is compiled with. After that it is
possible to compile vim with any speciffic './configuration' defaults to
add/remove functionality.

I hope this helps.