[OmniOS-discuss] PCI-e x8 only running x4

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Jan 24 01:17:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:27:51 -0500
Dale Ghent <daleg at omniti.com> wrote:

> Check your BIOS settings for the slots, they might be limited there. I also note that this motherboard model has two physical x8 PCIe slots but one of them is wired for 4 lanes only. Is your card in that slot? Something not linking up like this is likely to be more of a hardware configuration issue.

Doesn't this proof an x8 slot? LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x8
I was aware of that one of the x8 slot was actually a x4 slot so I am
quite certain I have picked the right one.

It couldn't be as simple as since there is no disks connected to the
second channel so the 4 lanes for the second channel is not active?

> Also keep in mind that the 1068E card is quite old and its driver support in OmniOS/illumos is still the closed-source mpt driver binary, so there is not much room here.

I am aware of that and an upgrade to a 2x08 is on the todo list.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Tis man's perdition to be safe, when for the truth he ought to die.