[OmniOS-discuss] (was bounce) USB3 chipset?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Jan 30 19:58:02 UTC 2017

> I got a bounce notification, so I'm sending this myself.

Thanks Dan!  I was too stupid to properly address the list. :-/

> From: vab at bb-c.de (Volker A. Brandt)
> Subject: Recommended USB3 chipset?
> Date: January 30, 2017 at 2:17:56 PM EST
> To: "OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com>
>

> Hello all!
>

> I want to play with bloody and USB3, so I am in the market for a PCIe
> low-profile single or dual port add-on card.  Are there any specific
> chips or chipsets I should look for?  Which ones should I avoid?
>
> Can I expect decent throughput in a PCIe 2.0 x1 slot (HP G7 N54L)?
>

> Thanks -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"