[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS on Dual CPU Mac Pro

Eric Bardes ericbardes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:41:40 UTC 2017

I'm running into an interesting situation.

I have an older "Cheese Grater" style Mac Pro (mid-2012 - MacPro5,1) with
Dual Xeon 6-Core CPUs and 64GB ECC RAM. (24 execution threads) that I'm
trying to install OmniOS onto. It's been crashing on installation of OmniOS
(also on OpenIndiana too) and I think I've narrowed it down to the ZFS file
system creation. Has anyone else run into this? Is there something in the
kernel debugger I can look at?

it's sister, a 2010 or 2009 Mac Pro with one Xeon 4 core (8 threads) has
been running OpenIndiana Hipster flawlessly.

--
Eric Bardes

“Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none” - *All's Well That Ends Well*,
Act 1, Sc 1.