[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS on Dual CPU Mac Pro

Eric Bardes ericbardes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:49:55 UTC 2017

It appears that it's crashing in the intel_nhm section of the kernel. The
dimm_to_addr function.

I think this is probably the interesting part ...

trap+0xce5(ffffff007acf8790, cc4000000, 3)
intel_nhm`dimm_to_addr+0x43f(0, 2, 0, 82800000, ffffff007acf89f0,
ffffff007acf89e8)

I wonder if it's to something about how Apple distributes the 8 DIMM slots
between the two CPUs.

I want to clarify what I say ZFS file system creation, zpool create tank
<disk>
zpool import -f tank crashes too.

--
Eric Bardes

“Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none” - *All's Well That Ends Well*,
Act 1, Sc 1.