[OmniOS-discuss] VEEAM backups to CIFS fail only on OmniOS hypercongerged VM

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Thu Jun 14 12:38:55 UTC 2018

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 3:04 AM, Oliver Weinmann <oliver.weinmann at me.com> wrote:
> I would be more than happy to use a zone instead of a full blown VM but since there is no ISCSI and NFS server support in a Zone I have to stick with the VM as we need NFS since the VM is also a datastore for a few VMs.

You rambled a bit here, so I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.  I do know that:

- CIFS-server-in-a-zone should work

- NFS-server-in-a-zone and iSCSI-target-in-a-zone are both not available right now.

There is purported to be a prototype of NFS-server-in-a-zone kicking around *somewhere* but that may have been tied up.  I'd watch distros, especially those working on file service, to see if that shows up at some point, where it can be upstreamed to illumos-gate (and then back down to illumos-omnios).