[OmniOS-discuss] How to Update Zones

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Nov 30 16:56:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018, SoftwareInforJam wrote:

> Well it happened to me twice in one day when I was upgrading to v22
> bc. I sent the crash dump off to Andy but he said it didn’t have
> enough info. So I guess it didn’t have enough that he could use to
> pinpoint a root cause. I wondered if maybe I did something wrong. I
> am going to try upgrading them to v22 ca today after hours and see
> if it happens again.

The upgrade instructions normally say that the zones should be
minimally updated before they are booted because part of the zone
management software is part of the zone.

It would be very unusual for the whole OS to crash and reboot due to
starting a zone.

Why are these postings to the old mailing list which is scheduled to
be shut down?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn