[OmniOS-discuss] Can't import zpool

Günther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Fri Dec 28 11:59:33 EST 2012

That seems to be the same problem like with Pools, created in FreeBSD:

*Problem Pools FreeBSD -> Solaris:*
If the disks were created in FreeBSD with GPT partitions (which FreeBSD
recognizes but Solaris doesn't),
you cannot import to Solaris.

Only pools with disks formatted with GEOM can be exported from
FreeBSD/FreeNAS/ZFSGuru and reimported into Solaris
I do not know what options ZOL offers for partitioning.

Gea