[OmniOS-discuss] HP Microserver G8

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jun 24 14:46:55 UTC 2014

On Jun 24, 2014, at 10:32 AM, Nicolas Di Gregorio <nicolas.digregorio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't plan to run a datacenter on that box, just as a "home" nas, so it would not be on intensive load.

True...

> is this usable: http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_server.php?

Maybe the Solaris 10 version, but I can't recommend you use these due to potential incompatibility with illumos.

> What's the difference with yours?
>
> What's does mean using my own drivers? problems at every kernel update?

It would mean that, yes.

> sorry if thoses questions seems odd but I'm not an expert with solaris-like systems

They don't seem odd at all.

The 5720 support from the nexenta webrev is *probably* stable enough where it could go back into illumos-gate, if not OmniOS's child.

I'm sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance.  The earliest I could get 5720 support into ANY OmniOS would be in the "bloody" repo, and unless I have paying customers beating down the door, it would be a low priority project.