[OmniOS-discuss] how many HBAs my system have ?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Oct 3 17:46:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014 13:54:32 -0300
Fábio Rabelo <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br> wrote:

> pkg search sasinfo   returns nothing ...
>
> pkg install sasinfo   returns  "no matching version of the system ...
> can be installed"
>
> Same with pfexec pkg install sasinfo
>
> cfgadm shows the boot disk, and the ZIL disk, but nothing in the HBAs ...
>
> But I know there are 16 hard disks connected to this system .
>

> Fábio Rabelo

> > I think sasinfo might not be installed by default. Try 'sudo pkg install
> > sasinfo'. It is part of the illumos kernel, so it must be present in omnios.
> > What version are you running?
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Fábio Rabelo <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> How can I check how many HBA controlres do I have connected in a
> >> system, if this system are in a ( very ) remote location, and I just
> >> have SSH available ?
> >>
> >> prtconf -v returns too many noise !
> >>
> >> prtconv -v  |grep  RAID returns only one line ...
> >>
> >> There is an easy way ?

Is your HBA LSI based? Then checkout lsiutils from the omni repo.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Never promise more than you can perform.
		-- Publilius Syrus