[OmniOS-discuss] ipadm failing after first zone boot

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 10 12:36:34 UTC 2015

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:45 PM, Heinz Nikolaus Gies <heinz at licenser.net> wrote:
>
> I noticed some rather odd behavior, to set up networking I use the following commands:
>
> [GZ] dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net4 -p allowed-ips=10.0.0.111/32
> (do zone creation wait until svc has reached svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default)

I'm assuming you've done a zone boot at this point as well?  (You don't say it, but "reached milestone/sysconfig" suggests you have.)

> [NGZ] ipadm create-if net4
> [NGZ] ipadm create-addr -T static  -a 10.0.0.111/24 net4/v4
> ipadm: Could not create address: Operation not permitted on from-gz interface

That *is* really weird.  I'm assuming you can reproduce this bug?

Also, have you tried just doing the create-addr w/o the create-if?  I'm pretty sure you can shortcut, and perhaps it works around the not-permitted problem?

Thanks,