[OmniOS-discuss] usb ups support for nut

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Jan 5 03:20:13 UTC 2016

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that; I switched to nut a while ago.

> You do need the libusb and libugen drivers installed. They are in the
hipster
> repository.

hipster is basically the OI beta or alpha repository? I'm not sure I really
want to install device driver packages from another distributions dev
repository on a production server 8-/. Upstream still doesn't even
officially support Solaris/illumos, so these packages are basically just the
stuff pulled along from the old Sun opensolaris port?

Dan, any chance you might chime in on this with any thoughts? Are these
packages something that would be suitable for pulling into omnios itself?
I'd feel a lot more confident installing them from the omnios stable repo
:).

Thanks.