[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Continuing zone shutdown issues with r151016

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Mar 30 19:16:15 UTC 2016

> On Mar 30, 2016, at 3:07 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>
> Normally I would use 'zoneadm' to do the shutdown.  However, I am pretty sure that the former (based on 'zlogin') encountered the same problem.  If so, that is very interesting.

On a zone lock, we need to see a couple of things (from root at global):

- pgrep -z <zonename>

- pgrep -f <zonename>  (Should only produce the zoneadmd process.)

IF AND ONLY IF THOSE TWO ABOVE consistently produce process lists (you cannot run the following w/o a nonzero process list, otherwise it defaults to ALL the processes):

- ptree `pgrep -z <zonename>; pgrep -f <zonename>`

- pstack `pgrep -z <zonename>; pgrep -f <zonename>`  (NOTE:  This may spew a lot if you have a lot of processes.)

Something's stopping zoneadmd from halting, and the process stacks may help us figure it out.