[OmniOS-discuss] intermittent SMB performance issues -- high NT Create AndX SRT

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Wed May 25 16:11:48 UTC 2016

I just upgraded an OI server to Omniosr151018.

I am having some intermittent issues with the smb service with Windows 7
clients.

Does anyone have a dtrace script/suggestions to try to isolate it.

I am running wireshark one of the traces I have show SMB service
response time for NT Create AndX calls is very high, with a avg of 24
seconds.

The other commands are good:
Read AndX avg 0.0007
Query_File_info avg:  0.000404
Qeury_Path_Info avg 0.000512

Network seems fine, iperf runs at wire speed.

Large files through smb are at wire speed.

I have tried both SMB and SMB2.

iostat doesn't reveal any bad disks, nor are the disks busy, they are
actually pretty idle.

Pool is only at 30% full

There is a 40GB arc, and the arc hit rate is very high, so everything
really is in arc

No dedup.

thanks,

Geoff